Wednesday, June 10, 2009

CR_ClearAllMarkers

I am something of an anomaly….

I’ve been using Coderush now for about 3 years and I *still* don't get ‘markers’. I'm an Idiot.. I have some kind of mental block. I just can't think that way for some reason.

I expect to remain ignorant/oblivious of their use in my day to day life, until I eventually meet up with Mark Miller some day and he has the opportunity to beat me until I come to my senses :D.

In the mean time however, I suffer from a particularly mild OCDesque affliction which cannot deal with their presence on my screen.

Because I don’t use them, they are noise. Small noise, but noise none the less. The fact that they are small and noisy is part of why I don’t like them… the other part is that they are everywhere.

I was explaining my psychosis to @Fredrikeriksson on twitter. I mentioned that whenever I see these little blue and red triangles in my code I have a compulsion to repeatedly hit Esc in order to clear my system of them.

Unfortunately for me, this has a side effect of causing my caret to lurch about inside my code like a demented puppy that just found a fresh roll of toilet paper. It was whilst explaining this little disadvantage, that I realized that I could probably knock up a plugin to deal with this problem in less than 2 minutes.

As it turns out, I was wrong.

It took a full 2 minutes and 15 seconds to develop and test. However the result of this short period of development is now available for all who feel the need to partake.

I give you CR_ClearAllMarkers.

In all honesty, it’s a sham of a plugin really. All I did was create a new action which called a pre-existing method within the DXCore. as usual all the hard work had already been done for me by the Coderush/DXCore team themselves.

In any case, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the Coderush Team. Sorry guys it's nothing personal :)


No comments: